Monday 4 June 2012

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Gyaru Hall Of Fame

As usual, I am proud to showcase my 'before' picture. My skin was still okay here. This was taken in 2011. As of now I have blemishes, dried pimples, peeling flaky skin with fresh red scars all over my jawline, cheeks, sideburns and neck. This is because I am no longer on Accutane (a popular prescribed medication for severe acne) and I am undergoing painful microdermabrasion sessions to treat this problem of mine. I have been suffering from severe acne since I was 11 years old. I sincerely hope my skin will at least look like this again, once more. Sigh. And this is my naturally relaxed face, I am not frowning or feeling sad. I get that a lot because of my droopy, slanted eyes that look constantly worried or like I'm about to cry.

This was during the photoshoot. Look at the brilliance of my copper brown hair colour (a big thank you to the super Glen Hew for my hair) and the slight nose shading. Check out them lashes. And check out me stout manly fingers with the ladylike mole on the ring finger.

Failed attempt at the mandatory Japanese blowfish pout. FYI, I was wearing FreshKon Big Eye Brown lenses. I prefer this brand because it's comfortable even for long wearing hours and most importantly, it looks natural. You can go for the fancy pink or blue ones with diamond or starry patterns on it, but unless you're starring in a famous anime or working at i-Socks then I would suggest you to stick to these more natural looking ones. Grey ones make you look sexy with a slight Middle Eastern vibe (with the right eye makeup, that is).

This laugh is very me, very natural. And this is my ultimate fave photo from the shoot. Love the wrinkles around my nose bridge area. And my teethy overbite.

In my Facebook photo album where I put all my Gyaru pictures, this was included just to prove to my friends that it was really me in the picture. And this was a big hit with everyone. *cue theme song 'Heigh Ho' from Snow White.

Love the pantyhose with the heart prints. I love my black Swatch too. The design is by Enki Bilal and it's very lightweight, so it doesn't affect my piano/keyboard playing.

Yes, just to prove to everybody that this is the real Sharon Chong. My other talent : making faces.

Okay. This picture serves two purposes. One, this Lotus face pose is one of my signature poses. Two, this picture shows you the side view of my lashes. The right lashes can accentuate your eyes, making them look more dramatic & beautiful, depending on the look that you want to achieve. And here's a secret : I was wearing 3 layers of fake lashes. Yes. Three layers. Camel style. Oh. And the third purpose of this picture is to show you the side view of my top knot that is pretty messy with all the ends sticking out. My hair is cut in multiple layers because I wanted to have long hair but my hair starts to fall a lot when it's longer due to it's weight. So layers are perfect for me because I get to have long hair without compromising my scalp & it gives my limp locks more body when I blow dry it upside down. To get all my hair up in this top knot, I had to tie the top half of my hair first and then followed by the lower half. Just secure with some bobby pins and extra hair bands. I like it messy but if you prefer yours clean, tidy & rounder, you can use the 'donut' foam hair band too.

No comments:

Post a Comment